Hon. Edwin Charles William Ponsonby J.P., D.L.
- Born: 13 Oct 1851, Hatherop, GLS
- Christened: 23 Nov 1851, Hatherop, GLS
- Marriage (1): Emily Dora Coope on 10 Dec 1878 in St. Mark's, North Audley St. Mayfair, LON
- Marriage (2): Hilda Marion Smith on 17 Feb 1906 in St. Peter's, Pimlico, MDX
- Died: 15 Oct 1939, Woodstock, OXF
- Buried: St. Mary's, Glympton, OXF
Noted events in his life were:
• Education, 1865-1869, Eton College, Eton, BKM.
• Census: Pupil at Sunbury House, 1871, Sunbury, MDX.
• Census: Living with Brother in Law Sholto Douglas, 1881, Billesdon, LEI.
• Military: Major 2nd. Volunteer Bn. Oxfordshire Light Infantry, 1886-1890.
• Census: Living on own means with Brother in Law William Guise, 1891, Gloucester, GLS.
Edwin married Emily Dora Coope, daughter of Octavius Edward Coope M.P. J.P. D.L. and Emily Mary Fulcher, on 10 Dec 1878 in St. Mark's, North Audley St. Mayfair, LON. (Emily Dora Coope was born on 20 May 1859 in Rochetts, ESS, died on 3 Oct 1897 in Woodstock, OXF and was buried on 7 Oct 1897 in St. Mary's, Glympton, OXF.)
Edwin next married Hilda Marion Smith, daughter of Robert Smith and Isabel Adeane, on 17 Feb 1906 in St. Peter's, Pimlico, MDX. (Hilda Marion Smith was born Dec Q 1867 in Goldings, HRT, christened on 25 Oct 1867 in Bengeo, HRT and died on 15 Oct 1943.)