- Born: 11 Nov 1811, Broad Blunsdon, WIL
- Christened: 24 Nov 1811, Broad Blunsdon, WIL
- Marriage: Mary Jemima Duncan on 17 Apr 1838 in Broad Blunsdon, WIL
- Died: 26 Mar 1889, Palmerston North, NZ aged 77
- Buried: Terrace End Cemetery, Palmerston North, NZ
Noted events in his life were:
• Occupation: Shoemaker, 1841, Naylors Cottages, Horfield, GLS.
• Emigration: "Clifton", 1841, Wellington, NZ.
Richard married Mary Jemima Duncan, daughter of Alexander Duncan and Unknown, on 17 Apr 1838 in Broad Blunsdon, WIL. (Mary Jemima Duncan was born on 2 Sep 1815, died on 15 Sep 1888 in Palmerston North, NZ and was buried in Terrace End Cemetery, Palmerston North, NZ.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
• Witnesses: Robert & Elizabeth Dafter.